About Dee Dee
Dr Dee Dee Mahmood (PhD) is the Regional Head (RAAN) , Academic Adjunct & Research Scientist (International Collaborations) at Edith Cowan University, Australia. Dr Dee is an international multi-award-winning Celebrity Exercise Physiologist, Nutritionist, TEDx Speaker, Keynote Speaker & Talk Show Host. BRAND AMBASSADOR to several international brands such as Reebok, Norwegian Seafood Council, SOD Tea, among others.
Dr Dee is CONSULTANT to several universities in Asia as well as appointed ELITE FELLOW at the University of Malaya, the top research university in Malaysia. Dr Dee creates successful blueprint for weight and health management systems for corporate and governmental organisations, nationally and internationally
Dr Dee is the Founder of Walking Football4Health Asia (WaF4H), which has been awarded the International Organisation of the Year 2023. She is the Founder of the 1st Walking Football community in Singapore, Walking Football4Health Singapore. Dr Dee is the Director, International Development & Research Federation of International Walking Football Associations Walking Football Association (FIWFA) & Walking Football Association (WFA), United Kingdom
CONGRATULATIONS to Dr Dee Dee Mahmood for being featured in the 2023 Successful People in Singapore (2nd Edition) Encyclopedia by the British Publishing House.
Dr Dee Dee has several signature communities-crossing-countries fitness research programmes to her name, Fat2Fit Asia and Walking Football4Health Asia. A Golden Key Honour Society Scholar, her research on obesity was chosen for its impact on obesity in Asia and was accepted and presented at the President's Cup Award, American College of Sports Medicine Northwest Annual Meeting in Tacoma, Washington.
Her research interests include high intensity exercise, obesity, metabolic health & weight management and walking football. This media darling conducts synergy on community/ corporate health and research collaborations internationally.
Ambassadorships & Awards
- 2017 Goodwill Ambassador, Norwegian Seafood Council, Norway
- Advisor, 2017 Asia Beauty & Wellness Awards
- REEBOK Fitness Ambassador (commenced since 2013)
- 2016 Blue Cap Movement Malaysia (Prostate Cancer Awareness) Ambassador
- 2015 Jetstar Airways Inspirational Icon - Celebrate the Hero SG50
- 2015 AURA Hawa (PPIS Singapore)
- 2014 UMCares Award, University Malaya
- 2010 "Caring It Forward" Ambassador (National Healthcare Group)
- 2008 & 2009 "Go Red for Women" Ambassador (Singapore Heart Foundation)
- 2005 Singapore Healthy Lifestyle Ambassador Award (Singapore Health Promotion Board)
- 2004 & 2006 Singapore Sporting Inspiration Award (Gold Award)(Singapore Sports Council)